Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor FREE Weekend

We spent a pleasant weekend with friends B&R who were visiting from Illinois. They got in late Friday night, which gave us a chance to clean the house thoroughly before their arrival. I tried the magic eraser (actually the off brand copy) and am absolutely amazed at the results, it got stuff out of my tub that I did not know needed to come off (that I thought was permanent stain due to prior owner's mat).

Anyways, we had a good time. R and I went to the farmers market. We all played Rock Band, ate good food, and played Frisbee/Football/Soccer in the nearby field (with and without dogs). On Sunday we treked up to Cedar Point where I enjoyed Millenium Force and other roller coasters. DH's cellphone fell victim to the Mantis. We came back to Columbus and topped the day off with a delicious and friendly dinner at Buca de Beppo, excellent. They left Monday around noon, then ended up having to come back 5 hrs later (after they had made it half way home) for a forgotten and crucial briefcase.

I have some really cheesy thoughts about theme parks and life at the moment, maybe I will post them in the next post, maybe I will get distracted and move on. Other possible upcoming posts: Review of Middlemarch, commentary on my fall reading challenge, and update about work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad you enjoyed the rides!

-LT