Friday, July 18, 2014

32 Weeks Pregnant

32 weeks pregnant today... 8 weeks left.
Wow. Time flies. I can't even began to describe how fast time is passing for me these days. I know, it does for everyone.

People keep asking me if I am getting excited, they think I "cant wait"... I hate the question for two reasons. First, because I have been excited for months, so no I am not just now getting excited. Second, because if anything, I want time to slow down. I don't want to rush these months. Even if everything works out perfect with my life, I will get to spend precious little of it pregnant, and I enjoy being pregnant. I enjoy the anticipation. I enjoy the excitement. Of course I want to meet my little girl, but I want to enjoy every day until I do meet her as well. Not to mention, I just have a lot I want to do still before the chaos of a newborn.

I know, part of my ability to nonchalantly want pregnancy to slow down is how good I have been feeling. I mean, of course I am tired and have aches and pain, but nothing major. I am in a facebook group with about 50 other moms who are due in September, half of them seem to be falling apart- SPD (google it... sounds horrid), swelling, back pain.... thats not me so far. (Knock on wood). I had one week about a month ago where I felt crappy (sore back, hips, etc). I thought that was the beginning being miserable, but it miraculously went away. (knock on wood again..). So what symptoms do I have? ... Lets see. I need to pee a lot (and need to work on my Kegels if you know what I mean). I get tired easily, and its difficult to lift things up from floor level. I can't carry Ben too far. Some headaches. Occasional heartburn. Occasional morning gagging still, but I haven't thrown up in weeks. Just in the past three days, possible VERY mild swelling in my feet. I am hormonal and tear up at just about ANYTHING. Thats about it.

I am not sure how it compares to last pregnancy... I didn't blog about my last pregnancy. I may have had a physical journal where I wrote down symptoms, but I haven't bothered to look for it. BUT I feel like its easier. I feel like this pregnancy is a bit easier than last time. I don't know if that is accurate though. Last pregnancy I remember being INCREDIBLY UNCOMFORTABLE for sleeping.. I am not sure when that started. I had a whole pile of pillows I slept on and still ended up sleeping sitting up half the time. So far this pregnancy, no issues sleeping to speak of, besides the cat Nox not accepting that my belly took her spot. I use one extra pillow, and am comfortable. Last pregancy, I started swimming to alleviate back pain around 28 weeks (and could tell if I hadn't been in too long, I had to go at least every 3-4 days). This pregnancy, I have not had significant back pain (knock on wood).

On the other side... Last pregnancy I followed the doctor-prescribed "don't lift more than 20 lbs", this pregnancy I lift and carry a 30lb boy on a daily basis. This pregnancy, I walk up 6 flights of stairs a few times a day because I hate our building's elevator. I don't know if these things are the difference... but I feel like they might be helping. We will see how I do in the days to come.

No comments: