Saturday, July 21, 2018

Bedtime Conversations

This was all one conversation with Felicity, but I broke it up into little sections on topic

Felicity: what do tigers eat
Me - little animals that live in the forest like deer and wild pigs and rabbits
Felicity - do they eat humans
Me - yes, if they have the chance

Felicity - what do lions eat
Me - animals that live on the savanna, like antelope and other things that live there
Felicity - do they eat humans
me - yes if they have the chance

Felicity - what do bears eat
Me - berries and fish and whatever they find laying about they don't really hunt like the other things
Felicity - do they eat humans
Me- not really, they don't really hunt
Felicity - if a bear was eating my sandwich ( something that I do not understand at all here)
Me - if a bear wanted your sandwich you would let the beer have it and you would get out of there quickly... They won't eat you but they're not exactly safe either
Felicity- if there was a bear in our house trying to eat my sandwich I would run past all the other houses and and get you until I found one that was safe
Me- there won't be a bear in our house, bears do not like houses, the closest a bear would get to our house is to eat our trash because as I said earlier they like to find things and eat them, so if we throw away food they will smell it, and tip the trash over and eat it but then they will be afraid of us and run away. Wild animals don't like houses
Felicity - remember that time at bedtime when there was a bear eating our trash?
Me- yes, and remember when I said something it heard my voice and got scared and ran away you don't need to worry about any wild animals coming into our house

Felicity - remember the time that a dog tried to eat me I think we were at a dog park
Me - no I do not remember that at all, where were we? You have never been to a dog park
Felicity - it was a mean dog and it growls and it was going to eat me I was so scared let's not go to that dog park again,
Me -I do not know what that dog park was, but if we ever go somewhere that you are afraid because of that dog, tell me and we can do something else
Felicity- ok! Sounds good (seems genuinely relieved)

Here's a conversation with Ben the same night

Me - why are you out of bed
Ben- I'm getting the next Captain Underpants book, book 10
Me- don't stay up too late reading
Ben - don't worry, I am just going to read this comic book part and then one more chapter after that you don't have to worry, I will only read about two chapters and each chapter only takes a couple of minutes, and then I will go to bed

No comments: