Monday, May 2, 2011

The did and didn't of the weekend...

Things that did not get done over the weekend: starting my sewing project, straigtening the disaster that is my office.

I did have a nice weekend though, both in terms of productivity and entertainment. Friday night DH picked up BBQ on the way home. We ordered from Pig Iron because it is the most convenient for him to swing by. On the phone I ordered Potatoa Salad, but when he go there they told him they did not make potatoe salad anymore. Um. What kind of BBQ resteraunt doesn't make potato salad? That is really messed up... I like BBQ a lot. I like the meat, but really my favorite part are all the sides - corn pudding. potato salad. cole slaw. green beans. baked beans. cucumber onion salad. etc etc etc. Mess with my sides and I might just stop using you... Anyways. We ate dinner without potato salad and watched the NFL draft (day 2). Then we walked the dogs. Then we ran to Target to get a bunch of wants and needs, then we went to City BBQ and got potato salad for dessert. LOL.

Saturday I slept in. DH mowed the lawn and I laid around. We went to my coworker's wedding. The ceremony was at 4:30 PM at the Statehouse Atrium. It was very pretty. It was clear the bride was very detail oriented (totally opposite of me). The reception was at the Antheneum, a banquet hall in an old building a few blocks from the State House. It was a beautiful venue with this cool balcony encircling the room. The lighting was very nice and again the decorations and details were meticulous. The food was delicious, the company (my coworkers), was good. We left pretty early, mainly because the dance music did not suit us (we prefer slow songs, things we don't shame ourselves doing), and because all our coworkers left early. They were heading up to meet at a bar where a band was playing that has a member from our work. I told them that a bar with live music very not our scene. We went home and walked the dogs, watched some Dr Who, and went to bed. This morning my coworkers reported they had a great time at the bar and we should have come. I don't regret not going. Seriously, we just don't fit in when it comes to loud live music. My coworkers also said that they really liked DH and he is a great guy and very funny, which I already knew, but was nice to hear again.

Sunday... we both slept in, and because the dogs had been walked so late the night before (10:30pm), they let us sleep in. Nice. In the afternoon I went shopping with the other female guests for our murder mystery party. We were looking for 1930s formal wear. This is challenging. I mean, think about it. If you have average to slightly above average knowledge of fashion history you probably can picture a woman's outfit from 1990, 1980, 1970, 1960, 1950, maybe 1940, and 1920.... but do you have any idea what people were wearing in 1930? I certainly didn't. I did find something though, very authentic/ actual vintage. It is not attractive by today's standard's, but it makes me feel like I am from a different era, which is sort of the point. Now R&T will have to accesorize me. We are meeting again tomorrow night to go over more details. Sunday night we did Laundry and watched some TV. I loaded up some new stuff on my MP3 player (thank you dad!!), nothing resolution related, but stuff that makes me happy. Although, I did finally get the "best of the Eagles" cd from the library, but I have not got it on my Mp3 yet.

This week looks like it will be busy. I have started up with a new round of cooking club, where we get a new recipe everyweek, so tonight I will be trying this weeks - Taco Rice. Tomorrow night is the planning meeting. Wedneday, trivia. Thursday, getting together with a friend J... and hopefully still getting plenty of sleep. I stayed up late last night waiting for Obama, and now I want a nap. :-)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I agree with you on the sides for bbq, it drives Andy crazy! We had Pig Iron last week and thought they've gone down hill.