Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another Year Has Passed (2011) - 3

Exercise #31. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
- experienced pregnancy
- stayed in Cbus for Christmas

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I will write a whole other post about this!!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
2 cousins... welcome Graeme and Maggie!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close enough for us to go to a funeral, thankfully.

5. What countries did you spend time in this year?
Just America. We did take a trip that took me through some new states though!

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A child!! Jobs in Minnesota.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I am hoping the birth of my first child, though it is still upcoming! Seeing the heartbeat for the first time.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
carrying a child for 9 months

9. What was your biggest failure?
I totally and utterly failed at my New Years resolutions in general, because I got distracted
I was not always as good of a friend as I could have been
I was self centered.

10. Did you suffer any serious injury or illness?
GI Bug leading to Dehydration resulting in an overnight hospital stay, but it was all OK

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A baby moon with DH. Priceless time together!!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
DH has been awesome taking care of me this year.
Everyone who has been so great and generous in helping us prepare!!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
The tea party
The media

14. Where did most of your money go?
baby stuff, medical stuff

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The upcoming birth of our first child! Smaller things - visits from my parents, ILs, the baby shower, Harry Potter 7.2, Twilight 4.1 releases. Baby moon to Boston. Hosting Thanksgiving for the first time.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
That song that hamsters dance to in the Kia Soul commercial
Baby Baby Baby

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter!!!
c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Laughing (can you ever do this too much??)
Cleaning. People say this never makes the list of things you wish you had spent more time doing, but really our habits are abominable.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing, internet using (ironically)

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We will be in Cbus, but not sure what we are doing.

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I am totally in love, there is no more need for falling :-)

22. What are the main websites you used?
Gmail, Columbus Nesties message board, facebook, blogspot

23. Did you write anything worth reading this year?
no.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
My normal reality trash. Top Chef Just Desserts, Project Runway, Chopped

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I try to avoid hating people, it never brings anything good.

26. What was the best book you read?
I hardly read anything this year, and none of them were master pieces, so I will go with "Already Dead" which is a vampire book that was quite entertaining.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
At the beginning of the year I listened to a lot of classic rock etc and learned that I like some of those old classics, like Pearl Jam and Guns N Roses

28. What did you want and get?
a pregnancy

29. What did you want and not get? Jobs in Duluth, a lottery win

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter 7.2

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27. I have no idea what I did. I think we were in st Louis with the ILs and went out for dinner?

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A healthy birth before the year ends hopefully!! Nothing else comes to mind

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
maternity cute

34. What kept you sane?
DH, friends and family

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
It does not really change.Johnny Depp is always on top

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I was pissed at everyone in congress for their general lack of progress and cooperation.

37. Who did you miss?
Everyone who does not live in Columbus!!

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Some new nesties!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
Stay on the sunny side


40. What word or phrase sums up this year?
Pregnancy!!!

No comments: