Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell 2011 - The Year of the Pregnancy

With each passing moment, it becomes more and more likely, and is now almost entirely certain, that this baby will not arrive in 2011. I find this a bit unfortunate both for the normal reasons (I am ready to be done, people are waiting on this baby, I want to meet the baby, I want the tax deduction, etc), and for the reason that 2011 has been "The Year of the Pregnancy" for us and it would be fitting if it ended in this year. The process of us getting pregnancy started in January. I started taking medication in February, and we got our BFP in April. We spent the rest of the year doing plenty of things, but everything was shaped around this pregnancy - planning for the baby, enjoying our time left as DINKS (duel income, no kids), preparing the house, the pets, and ourselves for this next adventure. Needless to say the year flew by. I am sure the next year will go even faster.

So what is this post really about? It is my last post of 2011. It has been a year full of good anticipation and preparing for change to come, and lots of good fortune. I am hoping our fortune continues into 2012 and this child comes into the world of its own accord very shortly, very healthily, and without too much drama.  Thank you 2011 for being a good year, I will toast to you tonight before toasting to a great 2012!

No comments: