Tuesday, October 29, 2013

New Kind of Speech

Benjamin still mimics a lot, and in fact if you are having trouble understanding him, the first thing you should check is what you just said, because he is probably trying to repeat at least part of it.

But over the weekend he started a new kind of speech. More responsive, even conversational I might say.

The two examples both come from our trip to Target on Saturday.

1. He was sitting in the car with DH pushing. DH wedged the cart between a rack and a support beam and said "We don't fit!!" and Benjamin responded "too big!!"

2. As we were walking out to the parking lot, DH played a game (similar to slug a bug without the hitting) and Benjamin repeated after him. DH said to me "Even Ben beat you!" as I had not said the required word. Benjamin said "I beat you!" Hello correct pronoun, nice to meet you!

I hope to post soon (maybe even tonight if your lucky?) about the Halloween party I had last night. It was a lot of fun :)

No comments: