Thursday, February 12, 2015

Life

Benjamin is a threenager, he is moody, selective and demanding. He is obsessed with candy. Left to his own devices, he would eat corndogs twice a day. With encouragement there are a few other things he eats. His interests have branched out and are in constant flux. His "babies" change from dinosaur to dragon to human in the blink of an eye. In the same sentence he will tell you to hoist your sails and ride your Dragon (and perhaps add that your building a crane). He only pees in the potty to get a sucker, not out of any desire to potty train. He likes dad's bedtime stories more then mom's.

Felicity changes so much day by day. She pays attention to everything now. She reaches for everything. She grabs everything. If you are handling something (for example, I was washing a coffee cup last night), she wants to see what you are doing and if possible grab it. She will examine the same toy for quite some time (good attention span at this point!). She also has been trying to sit up, working those core muscles. She has been a bit fussier lately, and does not like to be put down at times, plays a some "not the mama" if I walk away, all very age appropriate. I am just amazed though at her growing awareness. (I'm her mom, I am supposed to be).   [[I wrote this draft a week ago around 2/4. Now its 2/12 and I need to add that she is practically sitting up on her own, if she wanted to I think she could sit, but she frequently straightens her waist instead of sitting. She also grabs grabs grabs everything, your jacket, your face, anything and everything]]

The 2 weeks ago was a health disaster. Ben and Aaron had a stomach bug, then Felicity and I Had a cold. Felicity's was bad enough to have us get her checked out at urgent care (all is well), but she still is coughing quite a bit. Then, at the beginning of lastweek, I got ill, the kind of ill where I was in the bathroom for 8 hrs and lost 4 lbs. Even though I was "better" on Tuesday it really has taken all week to feel at full strength again. I am hoping we can all stay marginally healthy for awhile now.

The sickness has resulted in the house being a total disaster. We are trying to catch up. Also, it sadly means that I fell behind on my Declutter 365 challenge (the 15 minute daily task to get your house clean/organized). I am having a very difficult time geting it back together, getting back on track. I feel like I am playing catch up, again. I feel like I spend 75% of my time playing catch up because something "disrupted" progress I was making. I am beginning to wonder if there will ever be a time that I won't be in catch up mode.

No comments: