Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thankful Turkey

This Thanksgiving I wanted to make sure to talk to Benjamin about being THANKFUL - being grateful for what he has in his life. (In general its a good lesson, but also he has had a bad case of the give-me give-me give-me-mores recently). So, I came up with this idea for a Thankful Turkey!




Here is the idea. I made a basic paper cut out of a turkey, and started cutting out paper feathers. Every night before bed we can talk about what we are thankful for an add a feather to the turkey. By Thanksgiving it will have a beautiful full tale. It is a fun activity and we will be able to look back on with lots of good memories.

(Ideally, the feathers would be more behind then on top of the turkey, but when your doing crafts with kids you have to let go of ideal and go with their creativity!) 



Nov 2nd - I'm thankful for Dad getting me new Star Wars socks

Nov 4th - For lots of blankets on my bed.

Nov 3rd - Grandpa giving my Koby (his teddy bear)

No comments: