Friday, February 19, 2016

Happy Birthday - Water??

Ben declared today Water's birthday. Water is a stuffed Elephant that Aunt L gave him a few holidays ago (maybe last Christmas? I am not entirely sure). She sewed a heart on the elephants chest to customize it and make it a good "patient" for a vet kit she made. Ben came up with the name Water.

Recently Ben was playing with water and pointing out the heart. I said "Do you know who put that heart on there?" Ben asked who. I said "Aunt Laurelyn, do you know why?" Ben responded, with a huge grin and hugging water tightly, "because she loves me!"

I am finding that there are a lot of little things like that that people did for Benjamin when he was smaller and did not really understand at the time that he really loves now. I look forward to pointing out more special connections in his possessions as the days pass!

No comments: