Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sountrack's for Life

As previously mentioned, there has been a lot of negativity at work. It was particularly bad this morning and I started brainstorming some "cheer me up" songs. I am not just looking for up beat/positive songs, I am looking for songs that remind you that life is not all bad and you need to move forward. Here is what I came up with so far:

"If you ever stopped loving me", featuring the line "Thats alright, I'm OK, it ain't nothing but another day," in its chorus
"It's a Great Day to be alive", featuring the chorus "It's a great day to be alive, I know the sun's still shining when I close my eyes, been some hard times in the neighborhood but I wish everyday could be just this good".
"Bad Day" - which just has the right feel despite the fact I can't find the lyrics that make it work

I have mental song lists for other things as well. For awhile I really wanted to make a "driving" sound track, for all the songs that make me feel cool when I drive the 300C (which I get to drive this week BTW because we had a battery issue with it and don't want it to stall in DH's garage again if it turns out to be the alternator because there is no way a tow truck could get in there if need be). That list included "Supermassive Black Hole" and "Meet me on the Equinox" from the Twilight Saga Soundtracks, "Diamond" from the Snatch Sound track, and "Spybreak!" from the lobby scene in The Matrix. However, I have not come up with 8-10 more songs to add to make it a full mixed CD.

So. Any recommendations for either of these playlists? I know I don't have many readers, but would be happy for more ideas if anyone out there has any?

I think creating your own "soundstracks" for life is great. Our senior year of high school we made a 3-disk high school soundtrack. I unfortunately lost the CDs, but I still enjoy the music from them and it is really reminiscent of those years of my life. I also made a soundtrack of songs my family likes. It was called "Volume 1", I think it could be about time to make Volume II. I also think we should have a Christmas Volume. I would also like to make an "Truman Sound track" for my undergraduate years, though I have not made a list for it. The problem with all of this is that I don't have great access to getting the songs I want for these CDs or a good set up/computer to do it on. I have had problems with many of our CD burners. I have not tried the newest laptop, so maybe its better, but alas. My father has an awesome set up for making CDs. I always intend to make some CDs when I go home, but I never have the time (when I am there I would rather spend my time doing other things, like shopping with my Mom or playing board games with family, or cooking, or visiting high school friends, etc). Alas. Alas alas alas.

Oh well :-)

Please comment and help me add to my song lists.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the list I played yesterday morning included
- "Great Day To be Alive"
- "Good Morning Beautiful" (how was your night? mine was wonderful with you by my side)
- Oklahoma's "Oh What a beautiful morning" (I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way)
- John Denver's "Sunshine" (sunshine on the water looks so lovely)

Should include:
- Easter Island Song (I want to stare at the seaside and do nothing, at all)

- that one song "Just another day in paradise"

- LoneStar's "Frontporch lookin in"
(I'll never beat the view, from my front porch lookin in)

Driving?
- "Cowboy" - Kid Rock

i dunno, that's what popped into my head

Manday said...

Thanks LEK!
Good idea for "Oh what a beautiful morning", "sunshine", and "good moning beautiful". Another good one this made me think of was "She's a Wild One" - the line "they say life is hard, she says thats alright".

I unfortunately find "Front Porch Looking In" and "just another day in paradise" depressing these days.

I hate Cowboy... but nice try. There might be a good kid rock song out there. DH just came up with bawitdaba, which works.