Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolutions 2012

My New Years Resolutions in 2011 were quite ambitious, and many of them went out of the window as soon as I got into the process of being pregnant. That said, I did make some progress on some of them, and completed others. I am going to focus on what I did accomplish for a minute. I did watch several new classic movies. I did try many new groups and musicians (by new, I mean new to me, like Guns & Roses, etc). I did read SOME books that were recommended to me. All of this happened in the first quarter of the year. I did go to a new location - Boston. I Did go to 3 performances in Columbus (Les Miserables, The Hobbit, A Night with the Captains). I did try new restaurants in Columbus, and tried some new activities in cities that were old to me - like going to the Brown's game in Cleveland. I ate better (more fruits and veggies) and took my vitamins regularly. I did get a sewing room set up, got new carpet, and cleaned out the yellow office (admittedly, to make it a nursery). I am not going to list all of the things I failed at, but I did do somethings I had planned to do. I guess the good thing about making LOTS of resolutions is your bound to complete some of them!

Now, onto 2012. It is hard to choose resolutions for this year because there is a number of complicating factors, the biggest obviously being the fact I am about to make one of the biggest transitions in life and become a parent. I have no idea how this will go and whether some my ideas for resolutions are under or over ambitious. On top of this, there is also the move to Duluth, so my living situation will be quite uncertain for sometime, making it more difficult to make resolutions about anything involving physical organization, cooking, food, etc, which are popular topics for me. That all said, I do want to make some resolutions because I enjoy working towards goals. I will reevaluate these in March (after the first quarter) to see if they are still viable a nd if there is anything I want to change or add


1. Reading - Read for at least 10 minutes each day, either an adult book or articles. Read 24 books throughout the year.

2. Blogging - Post at least two blog posts a week, with the intention for one to be baby update related and other to be non-baby update related (not meant to exclude other commentary on parenting).

3. Record Keeping - Take more pictures and videos. Keep up to date with a baby book, and perhaps pair this with a weekly or monthly journal to jot down how I am doing as a new parent.

4.Get a new job in Duluth


That's it for now! Wish me luck.

No comments: