Thursday, June 2, 2011

The News

I know. Its been a while. And its not like things have not happened, because they have. I am not sure exactly why I have been avoiding posting. I even have two emailed posts saved from a couple of weeks ago that I never posted. Its not because I am too busy, or too sick. I think it is because I am not sure what I want to say.

If you are reading this blog, you probably already know I am pregnant. If now - guess what! I am pregnant!! LOL.

Let me cover the basic questions:

When are you due/How far along are you? Our due date is Dec 29th - a Christmas or New Years baby is coming! DH wants it to be born before the New Years so we get the tax right off. I will be happy if it is born healthy and w/out incedent.
That do date, by the way, makes me 10 weeks along as of today (Thursday).

How are you feeling? Not great, but I guess that is to be expected. I have had "morning sickness" off and on since week 7 or so. I also have shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, and some other symptoms that are not topic for polite conversation.

Are you excited? Over the moon, thrilled, so happy.

Were you trying? (People actually ask this, which blows my mind). Yes. We were trying. Actually, saying we were trying is almost an understatement. We were trying, and if it were up to us this would have happened literally years ago.

Are you going to find out the gender? First, you really mean are we going to find out the sex. Second, no we are not. I don't want to. DH used to not want to. He is wavering, but I won't be swayed.

Do you have names picked out? We have a boys name picked out, have had it for years. I thought we had a girls name picked out, I had sort of been pushing it on Dh for years and thought he had accepted it, but now that it is "real" he wants to explore other options. We are having some difficulty agreeing. DH likes very view girls names and his opinion seems to change frequently. We will see what happens. And no, at least at this point we are not sharing any our name or name ideas.

Have you had a U/S? Yes, actually we are lucky enough to have had two already, one at seven weeks and one at nine weeks. Everything looks good, growth is right on track and at the second U/S the baby was moving and waving his "leg nubs" at us. It is literally awesome. Our next U/S won't be until 20 weeks(ish) and our next appt at all isnt until the end of June, which I find nerve wracking, but I guess thats life.

I know, all the above information is pretty basic. There is more to the story, but I am not sure I want to put it on this forum. But I am hoping this post gets me by any stalled trains of thought until I get around to deciding if I want to put it here or not.

3 comments:

Sarah Dee said...

I am glad that the u/s went well. I think about you just about daily, and I am very excited for you.

Allison said...

You know how excited I am for you--I think about you all the time (E and I pray for Mommy's friends and their babies every night). I'm glad the u/s went well and hope you're feeling good in 4 weeks or so. Oh, and it does really stink having so much time between doctor appointments...blech. But once you can feel your little one moving around, it'll make it easier.

Rachel said...

"Were you trying?" People ask us that too! From people I am close to, I don't mind too much, but really? Co-workers? Come on!
We're so excited for you guys!