Sunday, October 14, 2012

Gone Red

So... it has been on my 30x30 list, and it was under the section "because I have been meaning to".... so I finally dyed my hair red. We had some sister bonding time last weekend and did it. It turned out OK, but because of the type of dye I used, it did not turn out like I wanted. It was extremely uneven - dark read at the top, orange red at the tips, and hardly red at all on the back/underneath part. See below. Also, see a boy and his spoon (that wooden spoon is his favorite toy these days!!)


So I knew I wanted to re-dye it with a better dye to even it out and hopefully get a shade I liked throughout. Today my little sis came over again and we dyed it again and I am much happier with the results! Here they are:



I will probably only wear it like this for 4-6 weeks, depending on what happens, then I will probably dye it back to brown. I am too lazy to keep up with dyeing it when the roots show! Guess I can check it off my list finally!!

No comments: