Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2014 RESOLUTION - KEEP IT SIMPLE

I only have one resolution for 2014. It is this. SIMPLIFY.

What does this mean? I started with just the word Simplify, then I brainstormed a list of other words that described what I want to accomplish this year.

simplify
less
prioritize
purge
clean
organized
free
release
punctual

Then I expanded this to phrases.

live with less
minimize procrastination
maintain what we do have
don't accumulate more
get rid of what we don't need
stay on schedule
embrace adulthood
live our priorities
have a family plan
let go of the old

Sounds easy, right? I have some specific projects in mind - like pairing down my wardrobe to fit in the space I have, and getting rid of a lot of the sentimental stuff jammed away into crawl spaces. But, I want it to be more than just projects. We will see how it goes! I have already used the idea of simplifying to make buying decisions this year (for example, in the post-Christmas sales, only buying a handful of items that I know what I am going to do with, not stuff just because its cheap and we could use it). So my goal for the year is to really just try to change the way I approach problems and life and apply the rule of simplicity to it. That is the resolution!

 

No comments: