Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Girl Drama

Several things lately have reminded me of what drama girls can get into just out of their own volition.

The most recent case was when I was trying to figure out who to go to lunch with today. A girlfriend had said she would go, then when it came time, asked if it was OK if we just ran out and grabbed something and came back. My response was "well, I would prefer to go and sit down somewhere, but if that is the only option I would do it." She responded, "you could find someone else to go with, I have a lunch in my office anyways," to which I replied, "I know everyone's schedules, if I want food right now you are my only option".

She took offense at this last statement. Why? I don't know? Apparently it sounded like I preferred to go with someone else? But she had just told me to find someone else... so why would she take offense if I wanted to go with someone else?

I had to explain myself in full detail, how I did not mean I liked going to lunch with other people more than her, and she still seemed weird about it.

I miss my undergraduate days when I hung out with all guys... maybe after that I will prefer going to lunch with my guy friends over her!!

3 comments:

Simi said...

I agree.. the female variety is nuts, I used to think boys were the crazy ones but they are a lot easier and less confusing :p :)

I for sure am used to hanging out more with boys then girls :D

Allison said...

lol Wow, what drama.

And I agree--all through HS and college I spent MUCH more time with boys than girls. Lots easier that way.

Anonymous said...

OMG I couldn't agree more. Girl lunch drama is ridiculous! I love hangin' with the boys at lunch...especially LW. :-)