Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MAYhem

I have not posted much in a bit because not much has happened. I am still missing my digital camera. I am pretty sure we will buy one next week, before we leave for Arizona, if we don't find it before that. It will be my early birthday present.

Speaking of Arizona, and my Birthday, may promises to be a crazy hectic month for me. I think a run down of my upcoming schedule is in order.

This Weekend (May 7-11th) - Lansing, Michigan for LEKs graduation! (she is a VET!!)
Next Weekend (May 15th-17th) - Tucson, Arizona for SILs graduation
Two Weekends Away - I am actually in town! I think we will celebrate my Birthday (which is actually May 30th, I will be ancient - 25) and I need to go to my Grandma's, and catch up with friends since I will be gone so much.
Three Weekends Away (May 28-June 1st) - St Louis, Missouri for our friends' wedding, DH is best man.
Fourt Weekends Away (June 4th at the LATEST) - Leave for my sisters wedding in Duluth, Minnesota. I will be gone until at least June 14th... perhaps longer if I don't have a job to come back to.

So... today is May 5th. In the next 41 days, the next six weeks, I plan to be out of town for a minimum of 20 days, and likely more than that. In that time I also need to find a job (or face unemployment), finish a bunch of RA work (which I find out the full extent of tomorrow), plant my garden, finish getting my various wedding outfits together, get gifts for all these events, celebrate what I think is a big deal birthday, (Did I mention I will be ancient?), and probably other things I am forgetting. Its going to be a wild time, but I think the kind of Wild Time that is a whirlwind of fun and adventure :-)

Lets see. What else is happening? I went to a girls dinner last night with my internet friends, and it was tons of fun. There were six of us. Have I mentioned I prefer smaller groups over larger groups? The restaurant, BJ's Pub and Brewhouse, was tasty and the conversation was good. It seems like I have about one Nestie get together a week right now! Next week is Classics and Cocktails Book Club. I am reading Slaughterhouse 5 for it. It is really interesting. It certainly makes The Time Travellers Wife not seem nearly as innovative or novel.

I have to go now, perhaps more later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Kier should get together for your birthdays...his is May 29th..but he is going to be "real ancient" 81.. lol. Karen's birthday is May 26th..she is just 30 years older than you..and Rachel E.Havreberg birthday on May 24..same as you.Then of course there is Max - same date as yours but a couple of years apart..lol....Mercy so many May birthdays.. Congratulation on your upcoming quarter of a century!!

Anonymous said...

Busy busy busy girlie!