Monday, September 3, 2012

Goal Update

Summer is over. Not officially per the weatherman, but unofficially per the date on the calendar, the long labor day weekend, the kids going back to school, and the leaves changing. Yes, the leaves are changing here. We are not sure if it is indicative of the current dry weather or if it is predictive of a coming harsh winter. Either way, summer is over.

Two thirds of the year are behind us, four months ahead. I thought it would be a good time for a goal update. I have a lot of them. And yes, I think about them even if my progress is slow. So here we go.

New Years Resolutions
1. Read 10 minutes each day and read 24 books over the course of the year. I have read 16 books, good reads tells me this is on pace. If anything my reading is accelerating - finished 3 books in the past week. I do read 10 minutes a day now, but I certainly have not been doing that all year.
2. Post at least 2 blog posts a week - I fell a bit behind on this in August, with only 5 posts total, but for the year total I am still on track, so as long as I pick it back up in September we are good.
3. Take more pictures and keep more records/journaling - another one that I have recently slowed on, but still am doing pretty good for the year as a whole and just need to pick back up a bit.
4. Find a job in Duluth - DONE

30x30
Just wanted to tell you which I have completed and get them crossed off on the right column!!
2. Buy our forever home - OK, I am not sure if its our forever home, but I love it. I really like the location, I love how close we are to everything, yet how we look out our windows and see trees mostly (golf course across the street). It feels like home now, though we are still working on unpacking an decorating. We have no plans/intentions of moving again. I am calling this one done.
3. See less than 160 on the scale - I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday and weighed in at 159 lbs, and that was in the late afternoon fully dressed (shoes and all). I am not sure how the 10 lbs came off, but they did and I am glad to see them go. I still would like to lose more weight. My "ideal" weight is still about 10 lbs away, give or take.
4. Learn to Like Mushrooms - I do not like them yet, but I am well on my way as I am pretty ambivalent about them at this point!
7. Do 100 hrs of community service - I have done 2. Its a start I guess? Kinda pathetic...
29. Learn to cook pancakes, poach an egg, make french toast and cook a souffle - I checked off frensh toast a while ago, and pancakes I am half done learning. Still need to work on the others.


Yes. I know, not great progress on the 30x30. Especially since a lot of them are things that need to happen in the summer and I only have one summer left!! Just gotta keep trying I guess :-) Things get busy when you have a baby and a full time job!!


No comments: