Saturday, March 20, 2010

Age Fun


So... how old do I look in this picture?

I am 25 yrs old (almost 26). I think I look my age, and I don't feel one way or another about it (isn't that how your 20s should be?).

Thursday evening I answered the door, looking just like this (I had DH snap a photo a few minutes later with this blog post in mind). It was the Tru-green door to door salesman trying to tell us we should dump chemicals all over our lawn. Anyways, I stepped out of the house onto the front stoop to speak with (easier that way with the dogs), and the first thing out of his mouth is:

"Good evening, is your mom or dad home?"

The look of shock on my face must have been something. Seriously, it took me several seconds to process it and then an awkward moment before I told him I own the house. He was apologetic. I told him it was not a big deal, I should be flattered? Maybe? I don't know. I don't really care to look like I am young enough to live with my parents, but its not really an insult either. It was just a very odd situation because I really don't think I look that young, at all. DH and I talked about it and decided MAYBE with the tanktop and sunglasses I could look like I was an undergrad... but hardly. So odd.

No comments: