Thursday, February 16, 2012

6 Weeks!

Time is flying, I can't believe Benjamin is already 6 weeks old. I have already realized there is something inherently tragic about motherhood - you either lose your baby to some horrible traumatic event or to the slow passage of time and the joys of childhood. Either way you can't hold onto your baby. I know I will love him as a child and as a man someday if I am given the opportunity, but I won't be able to wrap him up in my arms like I can now. And we mothers try to capture the feeling on paper and film, but ultimately we can't capture it. I guess I will just have to cherish every moment I do get and not rush time.

Not a ton has changed in the last five days. Bry guy has rolled over 3 times now from stomach to back. It depends a lot on how you set him down so I don't think we have a prodigy roller or anything. He continues to occasionally smile, occasionally coo. He has been fussy, and we purchased a swing to try and help with that (to give me a bit more free time during the day, or save my back from the neverending swaying I have been doing, or whatever). I don't have batteries for it yet, so we will test it tomorrow and see if it "takes". I sure hope it was worth the money.

Today I went and got my haircut and I went to my 6 week postpartum appointment. My hair is about shoulder length now so it won't interfere with breastfeeding anymore and he will hopefully pull less of it out. My new doctor cleared me for exercise, but I am not 100% healed and should take things slow and listen to my body. While I was out my mom babysat Ben and he was fussy the entire time for her. I get home, change his diaper, and he conks out cold. I guess he is a Momma's boy!

And now what you all really want - pictures!! 




1 comment:

Allison said...

Your hair looks really cute!

But, I have to say, not as cute as your little man. He's adorable <3