Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day!

Today was my first day at the new job. I am a bit tired and tired of repeating the same things over and over, so this will be short.

First off, I am really happy the office is so close to my house. It took about 9 minutes to get there this morning.

Second, today was boring. An hour of ice breakers, 2 hours with HR, 3 Hrs waiting around while people got badges, an hour of policy stuff. I think things will get more interesting once we get through all of the paperwork (ethics, insurance, direct deposit, sexual harassment policies, etc etc etc) .

Third, I found out that we are a federally funded but state run organization that processes social security claims, just for those people who care exactly where in the bureaucracy I fit. This is why the bureau is hiring like mad despite state budget issues. There are too many disabilities claims for them to handle thanks to the baby boomers.

More updates as they come :-)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Glad it went well and hope tomorrow is a bit more exciting :)