Saturday, December 26, 2009

End of the Decade (1)

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
- left school
- held a real, full time job
- was a bridesmaid in my sisters wedding (never been a bridesmaid)
- cooked a turkey

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I will write a whole other post about this!!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousins had a pretty baby girl, and some of my new friends here in Columbus (nesties) gave birth!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Our friend from Undergraduate committed suicide.

5. What countries did you spend time in this year?
Just America, but I got to go to Arizona and spend some time in the desert, which was mostly new to me!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Both of us working the same job all year :-)

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 31st - Ben and Renee's wedding
June 12th - Laurelyn's wedding
Sept 14th - My first day at work!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Quitting graduate school. (especially considering my biggest failure last yr was not deciding what to do with my life)

9. What was your biggest failure?
I gained a lot of weight, and failed to maintain any vague sense of organization

10. Did you suffer any serious injury or illness?
I was diagnosed Hypothyroid, but its not that bad.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
PS3 to play Rock Band on :-) Plane tickets to come home for Christmas.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Both my older sister and SIL for graduating their programs

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
The main thing that depressed me this year was the (often ridiculous) resistance to providing some kind of health care for those who cannot afford insurance or are not lucky enough to have a job that provides it.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage and savings, and lots of little luxuries

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Leaving grad school, our travels to Arizona, the three weddings we went to, coming home for the Holidays

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Pink's "So What" and anything from Rock Band

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I had written more, spent more time keeping organized, and used our deck more.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents house in the middle of a blizzard. It was Perfect.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I am totally in love, there is no more need for falling :-)

22. What are the main websites you used?
Gmail, Columbus Nesties message board, facebook, blogspot

23. Did you write anything worth reading this year?
Maybe a poem or two, thats about it though.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
My TV viewing was significantly cut. I never got back into any scripted shows since the writers strike and in general find that TV has not been keeping my interest. My favorite show is NFL Football!!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I try to avoid hating people, it never brings anything good.

26. What was the best book you read?
This question is VERY difficult since I read over 100 books this year. Lets go with The Unbearable Lightness of Being as my academic pick, The Help as my popular pick I would recommend to everyone, The Book Thief as my Young Adult Pick and House of Leaves as my creepy as heck pick.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Rock Band continuously introduces me to new artists, or artists I should know and do not. I don't really have one that stands out though.

28. What did you want and get?
Lots!! PS3, Nintendo DS, Everything I got for Christmas pretty much, lots of good parties, time in Duluth, time off (pleasantly unemployed!!)

29. What did you want and not get? Nothing comes to mind.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I feel like I saw lots of good movies this year. I have to admit I am obsessed with New Moon, The Princess and the Frog for kids movies, Zombieland for Comedy, but as a more serious pick lets say Inglorious Bastards

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Hmm. Ah yes! We were at Ben and Renee's wedding rehearsal and bachelorette party!!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More job security/stability for DH

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Presentable Casual

34. What kept you sane?
I feel like I did not need nearly as much help to stay sane this year, things were just easier out of graduate school.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
It does not really change. I like Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt and Vin Diesel's voice. LOL. Maybe add the Twilight boys if that is not too creepy.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I already told you all, health care.

37. Who did you miss?
Everyone who does not live in Columbus!!

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Met some new Nesties who are pretty cool!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009 ?
You have to do what makes you happy. Patience is a virtue.

40. What word or phrase sums up this year?
Life is Good!

1 comment:

tbonegrl said...

Thanks for the recap...looking forward to your resolutions. I don't usually make any but might this year.