Wednesday, December 23, 2009

There is no place like Home for the Holidays...

I am long over due for a post. Since last posting I spent a weekend up in Burton with Laurelyn, worked another week, had a Rock Band party, went to Trivia, and most significantly of course - flew home for the holidays!!

Last Friday we flew from Columbus to Minneapolis in a packed flight next to a man who was clearly very excited to be headed for Minnesota. At the Twin Cities Airport my mom and little sister met us and we headed north. The last five days have been wonderful. Its so fun being here and its amazing how being here makes things like work seem so irrelevant. It has been a whirlwind of eating and activities here, but also plenty of downtime for just chatting or reading. I have been shopping twice (I think everyone here has their shopping done now), ate chinese, greek, homemade sourdough cookies, and of course lots of cookies (including the most amazing soft ginger cookies dipped in coffee, my new favorite), decorated the Christmas tree, watched a few Christmas movies, made a Nutcracker puzzle, and smiled and laughed a lot. Last night we watched the movie Bolt at my brothers house, it is quite amusing. We are expecting a snow storm shortly, I am excited.

Hope everyone is having a nice Christmas season!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I have to admit, I'm jealous! I miss good old MN! DH is flying home on the 28th...unfortunately I couldn't get time off work.

Have fun! I hear there's lots of snow coming your way! :)