Friday, May 4, 2012

Splish Splash

Benjamin is sleeping on the table in his boppy about two feet away from me. Adorable. Thought I would post an update about how things with him are going - as much for my own benefit (record keeping) as for yours!

The big "cute" thing this week is that he learned to splash water during his bath. He has always likes his baths, which still take place in the baby bathtub that sits in the kitchen sink. On Monday I had him in there and he started splashing and smiling. Based on how wet I got, it may be time to move him to the tub! But the sink is much easier on our back of course! Actually today is bath day as well, once he wakes up!

For the past 7-10 days he has had what I would call a sleep regression. I mean, his sleep never got great, but it was getting better, then boom, he was up all the time, not just to eat, but with gas, or just for no reason, and for the first time since he was born I had trouble getting him back to sleep sometimes. It has been pretty tough, but there is a glimmer of hope. Last night he slept more like he was doing before the regression - from 9pm to 2:45am and 3am to 6am. What more could a mother want? LOL.

With the sleep regression there also was other changes - general fussiness, wanting to eat more often, wanting his pacifier more. We thought he might even be teething, though it was early, but I have no idea what to look for. He also has had some separation anxiety and has been difficult for my mother to babysit. Basically, I think he has been having a growth spurt with all the fun things that come with it. I am hoping last night means its over... for now.

No comments: