Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

You know you live in the 21st century and are of an internet generation when you tell all of your online friends and communicants that something really serious happened in your life, but not any of your "real life" friends, not any of the people you see on a daily basis. I just hate dealing with the awkwardness of it, and the apologies, and sympathy, and all of that, in person. I know this is probably not healthy either in the short run for me or in the long run for my friendships, so I will try to remedy it soon. I swear.

In others news, the 4th of July was a lot of fun. This morning I went to the farmers market and got some tasty and healthy vegetables to snack on, so I can stop being miss piggy. Then, I spent the better part of the day lounging around with Aaron watching TV. We haven't really done that since football season, so it was relaxing. In the evening, we met some friends and went to the Columbus Crew soccer game, despite some minor rain. It was a lot of fun! While I thought the Crew defense played horribly, the worst part was the reffing, which was very badly bias in favor of D.C. But, it came out in a tie despite the reffing and defense, so that's nice.

After that we went over to a friends how and tried the game "Puerto Rico". I had a migraine by that point though so I am afraid I wasn't a very good sport. Even if I had been headache-free, the game just wasn't my type, too limiting and too "screw each other over" for my taste. Aaron had a good time though.

No comments: