Friday, March 13, 2009

Delinquencies, But, A Good Week

I have been somewhat delinquent in updating this blog and completely and utterly delinquent at updating my geography blog. I don't know why, just could not get the motivation.

But things are going quite well and I have been in the good mood. I am on a major reading-for-fun binge. I finished Transparent Things and am in the middle of Look at the Harlequins, both by Nabokov. I finished the poetry anthology. I am in the middle of Geography of Bliss for book club and Kiss for fun as well, with Brave New World anxiously waiting on my night stand for me to finish one of the others. I have become an even more active member of the site Good Reads and encourage anyone who loves reading or just wants to see what other people are reading or read book reviews to sign up. Its free, its easy, its fun.

On Tuesday I gave my last lecture of the quarter. It was on underdevelopment and civil war in Africa.Thursday I gave a review session and they did their teacher evaluations, which I look forward to seeing when the quarter is over. On Monday I give the final exam and also take my final exam in economics. Once I finish grading those Monday exams I am off until March 30th. Sweet.

I have been taking Grim to the dog park quite frequently, in fact I took her every night so far this week. She loves it and in a lot of ways it is easier to take her their than to walk her. We have become regulars, and so the other regulars are starting to get to know us. Grim is a very gentle play buddy. She usually is the largest dog, or one of the largest dogs there, but she also seems to be one of the gentlest with the small dogs. She loves to chase anything or anyone who runs, but she is not so interested in what happens if and when she catches them. Sometimes I think she prefers not to catch them. The one downside to all of this is her lack of coordination. If she is chasing a small dog and that small dog happens to stop without warning, she very well may run the dog over, even as she attempts to throw on the breaks or jump. But I would much rather have these unintentional habits than her being over aggressive or dominant towards other dogs.

Not much else going on. I am just in an overall good mood! DH has been playing a lot of World of War Craft and I am thinking of reactivating my account. I was disturbed by the school shooting in Germany and see it as a perverse sign of globalization. I think its hilarious that investors responded to news such as "G.E. lost its AAA credit rating, but only by one point, not by the ten points expected" by surging in the market. Well... an economic recovery has got to start somewhere. No big news on the job front for DH, but the contractor he previously worked for is back on the table (we thought they had decided on no new hires, but it seems quite the opposite). If he gets an offer from them he will find out about it on April 20th.

That's all for now folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so Grim's lameness disappeared :-) Glad to hear you're both enjoying the dog park. Of course, keep up to date on all your vaccinations! :-)

-lk