Monday, March 23, 2009

The Weekend's Over Already?

I had a great weekend with my older sister, Laurelyn. She arrived Friday night, coming straight to a farewell party I was going to for a friend. The company and food were both delicious, but we will be sad to see Daniel go. Towards the end of the night we gave in and watched some Basketball, which was perhaps a bad idea since OSU ended up losing to Sienna.

On Saturday, Laurelyn and I wandered over to the Winter Farmers Market in Worthington. It was very nice, a small indoor event. It has a lot of the same vendors that do the summer market - people who sell homemade jams, bread, soap, cheese, etc, people who raise meat animals, and there were even a couple of fresh vegetables available. I got some delicious snap peas and some cilantro and green onions to make something tasty later this week. After that adventure we headed mall-ward (Polaris) to look for wedding shoes and pick up a copy of the every-addictive Twilight, which came out on DVD at midnight on Friday. Back at the house Laurelyn returned her addictive cleaning attentions to my office, which had fallen into complete disarray since the last time she was here (when she cleaned my office closet). For the record, the office closet was still clean, just not the closet. Cleanliness and organization is much easier to maintain than to create.

Around 5pm, our Cousin Becky showed up and we all headed over to Banana Leaf, a delicious restaurant which I already have reviewed in a previous lengthy blog entry. It never disappoints me and we all enjoyed it. Then, back home to enjoy Twilight together (with some adult beverages of course). The movie was great. I love having a copy now, more immediate gratification for the addiction. Also, a lot of the extras are interesting - how they made it, the extra scenes, interviews with the main actors. I have to say though, the director is a complete nutcase and the interviews with the author (Stephanie Meyers) confirmed suspicions about the exact nature of the work. Definitely a guilty pleasure.

On Sunday, Laurelyn and I took Grim to the dog park, then stopped and picked up donuts, before returning home to finish the office. It is now immaculate. The books are even organized by topic, then alphabetically. That is my sister for you! I wish I could hire her to organize my whole house. We eventually made our way north to Grandma's with a springtime dessert cake in tow (or at least the makings of it) and enjoyed dinner with family. Laurelyn left straight from their to head back up to Michigan while Aaron and I hung around awhile before coming home.

This is the Monday of my spring break. The break is filling up quite faster than I had expected. Before, it seemed to stretch before be, a glorious chance to read novels, watch movies, clean the house, and take the dog to exciting new locations. But, tomorrow I am going to the outlets with friends, Wednesday I have a class to go to (rescheduled) and am hosting book club, Thursday night I am hosting a party, and Friday my ILs are coming. Most of these things (besides class) are fun things, but they still certainly change the week away from being one of novel reading and park hopping. I am sure I will survive though! LOL. As my other post said ... "I ain't ever had too much fun!!"

And perhaps a new Mantra while I am quoting things:
"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." - Dr Seuss

No comments: