Friday, March 6, 2009

Petscapades

Yesterday we arrived home, after a tasty meal at Raising Caines, to a kitchen floor full of glass. We could identify at least three broken glasses amongst the wreckage, though I really think it actually was four. Thank you kitties. The glasses had been on the Kitchen counter, the counter cats are not allowed up on, drying. I am guessing our newest addition, who does not really know the downstairs rules yet and is a much more reckless jumper than the other two, came barreling into the kitchen either being chased by the dog, or more likely his own shadow and jumped onto the counter without looking, sliding across it slightly taking out four of the seven glasses there.

Grim is limping. Hopefully its nothing, but it does make me worry about hip displaysia (common in large breed), or something else not so fun. However, this ailment did not stop her from partaking in my food when I went upstairs to hand Aaron the phone. I got back down and her nose was in my bowl, and bits of food were all around as she has dug in so hastily. I don't even know why she liked it, it was pretty spicy!! I was really looking forward to finishing that.

Oh well, I guess its all worth it. I read a study today that said people with pets are more emotionally stable and less stressed. Good in the long term, but today they definitely added more chaos to my life!!

No comments: