Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Girl Too Pretty...

"Too much fun, whats that mean?
Its like a girl too pretty, there is no such thing
Being too lucky
With too much class
Too much money
A car too fast,
No Matter what they say I've done,
I ain't never had too much fun"

I had a good, fun packed Friday night and Saturday. Last night DH took me out on a date. We went to a Puerto Rican restaurant and then out to see Slumdog Millionaire. Good times! The restaurant was OK, good food but its not something I am going to start craving or insist on taking people to eat. The movie was also quite good, though I guess I sort of felt like "really? This was the best movie of the year?" afterwards. I mean, don't get me wrong, its quite good, very good, definitely deserves some recognition, but I am not so sure it is the movie of the year. I will have to see some of the other competitors before I make up my mind, but I have heard Milk is amazing. Different people react to Slumdog Millionaire differently. I came away from it depressed. My friend R came away neutral, and my friend M came away happy and optimistic. The next line is a SPOILER. The movie has a lot of horrible things happen in it but ultimately has a happy ending. That is why there is the mix of reactions. The thing is, all of the horrible things that happen are real life events, things people deal with everyday, where as the good things that happen are all entirely contrived and unrealistic. So, its like this fantasy about "if only life worked out the way it does in the movies". So. I came away depressed. Such is life though!

When we got home we both inadvertantly went right to bed... as in, laid down for a minute and ended up sleeping 12 hours. That was odd.

This morning I watched the final two episodes of Torchwood - season 1, and then met M & R to paint some pottery. I am painting a tea pot. I need to put one more coat on it, so we are likely going back Tuesday. Then, right after I got home from that I met up with friend T to watch more Torchwood. Well, actually we had ("had") to watch some Dr. Who first, which was tons of fun, and then back to Torchwood and its melodrama. I really like some of the characters.

Tomorrow will be a day of studying and grading. I do have a test to pass on Monday after all (that is my standard now, passing the economics exam). I have all sorts of fun things lined up in coming days and weeks. I like to keep busy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for the country music reference :-)

-lk

Simi said...

I think the happy ending ness of it is just part of a "bollywood" movie ;) Some things they just can't avoid.