Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oh What Beautiful Morning...

Oh what a beautiful morning
Oh what a beautiful day
I have a beautiful feeling
Everything's going my way.


I started the day at 11:30 (after an early awakening revealed a monstrous migraine requiring drugs and more sleep). But at 11:30 I felt great. I got up, and threw open the windows to let in the crisp, clear wonderfully fresh air. It felt amazing. I decided immediately that I should not spend the day inside and set to finding something to do outside, finally settling on rollerblading. I drove over to Antrim Park, which sits on the Olentangy River Trail, strapped on my Rollerblades, and set out. It was peaceful and beautiful. I Rollerblades over four miles! When I got back to my starting point I settled down onto a wooden bench overlooking a small lake (perhaps a large pond) and relaxed in the sun. It felt great.

After a bit a women joined me and struck up conversation. Her name was Joanne. She is a retired school administrator who is now trying to get a book published. She was nice enough, if not overly curious or interfering. It was an odd but enjoyable encounter.

After she wandered off to call and wish her twin sister a happy birthday I headed back towards my own neighborhood. Just as I was about to cross High Street, through the cute downtown area of Worthington, it struck me that an Ice Cream Cone would be delicious and also that I had a free Graeter's coupon in my wallet. I turned down High Street and found Graeters, ordered a scoop of Pistachio Ice Cream and meandered back up High Street past all of the adorable family owned shops and beautiful churches. The ice cream was amazing, maybe the best pistachio ice cream I have ever had. It had whole delicious pistachios in it! I found the building where Worthington has its winter's farmer market (which I intend to attend this weekend), and eventually made my way back to the car, and after a brief stop at the grocery store, back home.

What an immensely peaceful way to spend a day.

No comments: