Thursday, March 5, 2009

On my Way...

In twenty minutes I leave for another econ class. I do not plan to provide a stream of conscious blog for this one however. I should be taking better notes today. We are on to Oligopolies, which I do not remember at all.

I am a seriously guilty person. I think it stems from an underlying personality trait of wanting to live up to other peoples expectations, and this causes lots and lots of guilt. Today's cause of guilt? Grading. Some kid thinks I graded him to harsh. For the record, I did not. But that does not stop me from feeling guilty that he did poorly. It is so entirely illogical and stupid.

I also feel guilty because we jointly managed to get dissertation workshop canceled this coming Monday. I pulled out because I will not have anything ready. Then, my friend pulled out because she is really struggling lately, then because us two dropped out, the third presenter decided to drop out. No more presenters means no more workshop. I feel bad about it because the professor really wants to help us do well and we are jointly disappointing him. Once again, this should not be my guilt to bear (its not my fault the other two dropped out!!).

I think guilt is a dragon for me. It affects me way too much, for inappropriate reasons, and can just make me unhappy. Anyone have any mantras to stop feeling guilty?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... if you do will you not only pass them on to amanda, but to her sister as well!

-lk