Sunday, April 19, 2009

28 Hours Later...

In 28 Hours... from 7:30pm Friday night to 11:30pm last night, I spent 14 hours hanging out/having fun with friends, 6 hours sleeping, 3 hours doing WoW related things, leaving 5 hours in which I ate, walked the dog, went grocery shopping, and other miscellaneous.

On Friday night I had friends over to watch the movie Milk about the first openly gay politician to be elected to public office in the U.S. He was elected to the city board of San Fransisco in the late 1970s, and assassinated by a madman after sometime in office. For some reason I find it slightly better that the assassin was a general crazy and not a gay basher, that it was personal, not political. Anyways, I thought this movie was outstanding, and quite honestly, better than Slumdog Millionaire. Both were nominated for Best Picture of 2008, and Slumdog Millionaire took the prize. I found Milk to be much more realistic and emotional moving than Slumdog, and and actually more uplifting than Slumdog Millionaire as well, because even though Milk was assassinated in the end, his life shows that one person really can make a difference that effects millions of people if the put their mind to it and fight for whats right.

Anyways, after the movie we had a campfire on our deck and sat around and chatted, made marshmallows, it was a lot of fun. People stayed until past midnight.

Saturday morning I headed out to go shopping with friends. We went to the Flower Factory where one girl needed to buy somethings for her wedding. It was completely nothing like I expected. I guess I was sort of expecting a garden/florist supplies type store, as it turns out its like as giant well-priced Hobby Lobby. I ended up not buying anything, except a candy necklace that became my headband for the day. After that we headed out to Easton, grabbed lunch at Steak&Shake, and did a little shopping. We picked up my bridesmaid dress for LEKs wedding. It fits well and I love the color. Now I just need to see if it works with the shoes I already bought, and find some jewelry. Most the jewelry I own is white gold, but this dress definately needs either yellow gold or even bronze.

I got home from shopping around 5pm, went to the grocery store and cleaned a bit, then at 8pm people started showing up to play Rock Band. I had seriously been craving some Rock Band quality time (which requires a good group of people). It, as usual, was a lot of fun and we even got someone to play that has always kind of stood back and watched.

That was my 28 hours. Then I went to bed... is it bad that I went to bed at 12:45 and considered it early? Anyways, Aaron was on call yesterday. Being on call means he has three calls during the day, at each time he has to check the progress of some stuff online and call back giving them the go ahead. Normally these calls would come around noon, 4pm, 7pm. Yesterday, the first call came at 3pm, the second call came at 8pm. The third call? It hadn't come when I went to bed. It hadn't come when I woke up at 4am and noticed DH was not there. It did not come until shortly after 5am, so DH was pretty much up all night (he could have slept and waited for the phone call, but it was easier for him to stay up). So, the bad news is DH is exhausted and still asleep. The good news is, that means he got paid for being on call for 21 hours yesterday, thats nearly a whole work days pay for mostly doing nothing (playing video games most of the day).

No comments: