Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

I spent the last three days in Chicago! It was tons of fun, but I don't feel like posting about it just yet and I would like to get some pictures up here.

When I returned to Columbus I was shocked to see how much Spring had sprung in the three days! The grass is green and luscious, the tulips are blooming, and the birds are chattering away.

I have some spring resolutions. Of course.

First off, a recap of some of my accomplished New Years resolutions. I no longer chew my nails, I have been reading more for fun, I have started to figure out what I am doing with my life, and I have lengthened the time of my work outs.

My Spring resolutions are as follows:
(1) Lose Weight - I have had ten pounds hanging around that do not need to be here. In order to try to lose them I intend to eat healthier at home, snack less, drink less soda, and improve my level of activity.

(2) Menu Planning - Now I actually have the time again to Menu Plan. This is a failed New Years resolution that I would like to give another go. It saves money and calories.

(3) Write more for fun - I am thinking 500 words per work day spent at home, and 100 per day on weekends... which should be a minimum of 1700 words per week.

(4) Get a Job - This is clearly somewhat out of my control but I will consider myself successful at this if I am applying to jobs on a very regular basis (daily until I get caught up on postings, and then perhaps weekly).

(5) Take better care of my Skin - The first part of this resolution is to learn HOW to take better care of my skin, the second part is to actually do it. The things I know for sure - get back into the habit of daily SPF. If anyone has any good advice on this count, let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your successful resolutions. I wish you luck on your spring resolutions. As evidenced by MY skin, I have NO IDEA how to take care of it: sorry. Finally, I'm wondering if you got hit with the blast of winter we got here in Lansing: ~4 inches of HEAVY WET SNOW overnight. It was beautiful though... :-D