Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chicago

As promised, my pictures of Chicago. They are in no particular order. Actually they are kind of in reverse order. But the timeline isn't important.


On Saturday Night I went out to Korean BBQ with my high school friend Abby. It was tons of fun. You cook the meat right at the table. Somehow I managed to ONLY take a picture of the side dishes and (1) not of the meat or grill (2) not of me and Abby together. Oops! But it was tasty, and it was good conversation. I came back to the hotel smelling like Charcoal and burning.

When I was walking to meet Abby, the lighting on the buildings was really neat. I do not think I have walked around much at dusk in Chicago, and it was quite beautiful, so I snapped a couple of pictures. This is the Wrigley Building.

Again, I was enjoying the lighting. Here is looking vaguely west along the Chicago river, standing on the bridge by the Wrigley Building.


At one crossing I managed to capture a hint of the actual sunset through the buildings. I love the way the sky reflects in all the windows.


I was also up Michigan avenue on Saturday afternoon. I found the contrast between this adorable cloister style Presbyterian Church and the sky scraper quite interesting.


While in Chicago I was lucky enough to stay at the Historic Palmer House Hilton. It has been around for ages, and has tons of history to it. This is its main lobby. Impressive, huh?


I spent one afternoon walking around Grant and Millennium Parks. This was taken on the famous "bean" that reflects the skyline.


My friend Rebecca and I in front of the Millennium Park stage.


The Millennium park Bridge


Another shot of the Bean, where you can actually see that it is the bean.


A self-portrait in front of the big fountain in Grant Park.


I love Grant Park because you can get away from the skyline enough to really see how pretty it is.


Rebecca enjoying the fountain.


We walked by the Sears Tower because Rebecca had never been to Chicago. Always impressive.

No comments: