Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bad News Folks...

I went back to my Grandma's today and my camera was not there :-(

Our best guess is that it accidentally went home with someone else... which with my extended family means the chances of me getting it back are somewhat iffy. Is it pathetic that I am almost as upset about losing the pictures of my masterpiece cake and all the cute pictures of my family that were on it from Easter as I am about losing the camera itself?

Hopefully I get it back next week, cross your fingers for me.

In other news, I made this recipe, Chocolate Rhapsody, for dessert at my Grandma's tonight. It turned out very well, very close to the picture minus the garnishes. It was quite tasty, perhaps one of my favorite desserts I have made to date, after the chocolate-lemon creme bars of course. The funny part however is how I found this recipe. I googled "quick and easy desserts" and then went to the Nestle site that popped up. I went to their quick and easy category and started browsing.

Let me tell you, those Nestle people have interesting ideas about what exactly quick and easy is!! As I browsed through I got a good laugh telling Ben about some of the various things they considered easy. First, if it requires a specialty pan (like a tart pan or a spring form, etc), it should not be considered quick and easy. Then I clicked on Chocolate Rhapsody. If you looked at the link above you saw that this dessert is layered. The bottom layer is a cake from scratch. The second and fourth layer are chocolate spread, nearly a ganache (though not QUITE as time consuming), and the third layer is a raspberry mousse which requires pureeing, straining, more chocolate ganache type steps, a stove top step, and whipping heavy cream. On top of this all, the recipe calls for cooling times for all layers. Yet, Nestle sorted this into "Quick and Easy".

That said, I made the dessert anyways. It looked too good to pass up. I think I am becoming quite the baker/pastry chef.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That may be your "new" line of work.

Brooke said...

Strange, especially considering they've marked the level as challenging. Regardless, it looks & sounds delicious!

Sarah Dee said...

OOO, that cake sounds good.

I totally understand being sad about losing the pictures. You can always get a new camera, but pictures are one at a time.

As a comment to my 'deep thoughts' thing last week. I am actually very trusting, probably too much so. Which is why it was wierd to me that the first thing I thought of was a person I trusted to do the negative.