Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thanks Mother Nature!

Yesterday did in fact get better (the biggest negative being my feeling of unwellness). Sometime in the afternoon when I was sitting working in my ridiculously hot stuffy office it got to the point where I felt like if I sat there one more minute I was going to pass out, which is not a typical feeling for me to get.

So I printed off the article I was reading and booked it outside, bought a smoothy and laid in the cool grass reading. MUCH BETTER. Smoothies fix a lot of things - the kind with ice and fruit juice. So refreshing. My afternoon class went fine.

After my class ended at 5:40 we rushed home and I started baking - mixed up the batter for that strawberry peanut butter dessert and threw it in the oven, then cut up strawberries while it was baking. It came out of the oven at 6:57pm, and I was supposed to be at book club at 7pm!! So, I stuck it in the car straight out of the oven and arrived at 7:10, applying the toppings once I was already there. It was a big hit, everyone seemed to like it and want the recipe. Book club was a lot of fun, we had some good conversation about the book, but mostly a lot of banter, as usual. Great, hilarious stories.

I found out late yesterday afternoon that I am scheduled to take a civil service exam with the Ohio Rehabilitation Services Commission on Friday morning. The biggest problem with this is not the exam itself, its the fact that I need to get an undergraduate transcript by that time to be eligible. I am quite stressed about it. If I fax Truman today and then call and make sure they got the fax and try to get them to prioritize my order, then it should be overnighed Wednesday to Thursday, but it is still very stressful! Wish me luck.

Today is much better than yesterday. I am seriously loving the weather!! Cool.. perhaps 65 degrees? And overcast, with expectations of thunderstorms later. When I walked the dog this morning the air was laced with the smells of fresh mown lawn and lilacs, it was great. I can sit here with the window open, with a cool breeze, listening to birds sing. Later, when it rains it will still be warm enough to sit here with the window open and enjoy the storm.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I agree about the weather and am glad you felt better yesterday! Where did you go to get your smoothie? DH brought me one yesterday afternoon from the RPAC--Mango, Peach & Strawberry or something. You're right--it does make a hot day a ton better!

Manday said...

It was from the coffee place in Hagerty Hall, a Juice&Tea smoothie, mango flavored deliciousness.

Anonymous said...

I totally just found your blog! YAY

Sad I missed book club last night.

Gotta love the smoooooottthhhie. It fixes all that ailes us.