Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why the Internet Rocks My World

Top Ten Reasons the I LOVE Living in the Internet Age

10. Little stupid online games are tons of fun - Pogo, Miniclips, PopCap, GameHouse, Kongregate, KiwiNinja
9. Big Stupid Online Games... Like world of WarCraft (WoW)
8. Quick, Easy access to world events - BBC, NYTimes
7. Sports Scores and NFL game trackers and such, and fantasy sports. I love fantasy sports
6. Finding a Great Online book group
5. Having the weather forecast and radar at the tip of my mouse pointer
4. Being able to research anything, anytime. I puffy heart Google and Wikipedia.
3. Being able to keep my family up to date on my life and even show them all my pictures from a thousand miles away
2. Making friends on great local message boards
1. Being able to talk to my friends all over the world everyday, and even play games like World of Warcraft with them.


This list was actually inspired because I spent the last 45 minutes playing WoW with my friend who is currently teaching English in Korea. It was a ton of fun, and I hope she enjoyed it as much as I did. We also talk online nearly everyday. If there was not internet, I probably would not have heard from her since she left the country back in January. I mean, really this list can be summarized into three basic categories. The internet rocks my world because (3) The entertainment it provides (2) The information it provides and, most importantly (1) The social network and abilities it provides.

That is all :-)

No comments: