Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

This is going to be a good year.

I wanted to take my first post of the New Year to be positive and forward looking. 2013 is going to be a good year, or I am going to do my best to make it such. New Years is a time for big ambition and lots of optimism.

Benjamin will turn one on Saturday, an he will keep growing! There is not stopping him and I would not want to. We are trying to schedule to take him ice skating. We would have gone today but its too cold outside. Maybe over the weekend, we will see how the weather is!

I am going to try and be healthier this year, in so many ways! Starting with, I am giving up soda, completely totally and cold turkey. 365 days without soda. No problem, right? I want to plan meals more and eat more variety for dinners, and pack my lunch more. I want to be more active! Now that I have more free time on my breaks, I can go for walks. When the weather starts to get nice, I want to start rollerblading. Maybe I can do the Inline Marathon this September! I figure once summer comes I can even Rollerblade in the evenings, after Benjamin is in bed! I want to be more prompt with addressing health concerns, maybe see a dentist for the first time in too long.

In June, I hope to go down to the cities to see a friend. Maybe we can knock some of my 30x30 list out - the Art Museum down there, or the Mall of America, or both! It could be fun. I also hope to visit my friend who lives in Georgia. In August, my SIL is getting married in Flagstaff! That will be our big family trip for the year. If we are smart and lucky we might get to see the Grand Canyon while we are there. It should be a really fun family time time.

I want to read more! Of course! My reading goal in 2012 was very modest because I was a new mom, but now I hope to go back to reading more - 48 books is my goal this year. And I want to tackle some new books, so when I get to the end of 2013, I can review books that everyone else is reviewing (that were written in 2013). I also want to read some more of what I own and have not read. And I want to revisit my 2011 reading goal I failed, that involved reading recommendations from friends.

It is going to be a good year! Lets make it happen! 


1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow. That's a lot of enthusiasm ;)

I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for you and your family and that your enthusiasm persists through the entire year.