Wednesday, December 10, 2008

End of the Year Reflections 1



I mentioned I have several end of the year me-mes to do, and as I am very busy procrastinating on my write up for dissertation workshop, I thought I would do the first one.

The instructions are simple:
Post the first line sof the first entry of each month of the past year.
Because this blog was created in August or something, I will be using my old blog for the first half of the year.

January
Happy New Year!!It was a low key, but fun New Years Eve. I invited anyone who was in town and had no better offers over, resulting in Will and Miryam coming. Of course I made enough food to feed an army - Crab Ragoon Wontons, apple wontons, and I intended to make pork wontons, but they never got cooked (until this morning).

February
Thats right, its the first day of February, and its raining. And its the second time this week it has rained. I have decided that places where it gets cold and warm and cold again give a bad name to cold. Of course the first day that its 15 degrees it feels cold! But if we were farther north, after a couple weeks of 15 degree weather, we would be used to it and enjoying the winter. But here, it gets down to 15 (or lower) and feels cold, and then after 2 or 3 days the temperature goes back up, and we never get used to it being cold.

March
I cannot believe how delinquent I have been on keeping this up. Please forgive me, I hope to be better in the future (as usual, always trying to improve). Lets see. The last time I posted was three weeks ago, and we had just had an offer accepted on the house. That seems SOOO long ago. Ages and ages.

April
Pictures of the House!
Sold!!



May
Tomorrow we move! Crazy times here in Columbus.

June
I have this bad habit of delaying posting about things until I get the pictures uploaded, which can take a really really long time.Here we go!!Wow. A month ago I went to my cousin Rachel's bridal shower. It was a LOT of fun. Lots of laughs. I did not get very many good pictures, but here are a couple:

July
Its already been over two weeks since I posted! Crazy! Its hard to keep up with this when I am busy out having fun. Michaela was here for a week after my parents left. I took her shopping, we went to Easton, a big outdoor mall area here. I think she fell in love, she is such a girly girl when it comes to shopping (though not when it comes to most other things).

August
I have not been posting much because not much has been happening. For the most part, I have just been studying during the day and playing video games at night. We went to see Batman and liked it very much. We also have enjoyed having some people over to play video games and watch project runway.

September
"What's life without a few dragons?"
- Ron Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Welcome to my blog! Its title and theme, Life without Dragons, is inspired by this quote from the Harry Potter series.

October
I am cat sitting for a friend for the next five days. That means we have four cats in the house, 8 living beings in the house total. It has been less than 24 hours and already this has produced interesting situations.

November
The day after I finished the written portion of general exams I took the day off and did whatever I pleased. I got up at a reasonable hour, loaded Grim into the car, and headed off to have my second experience with the Metro Park system, large parks around the outskirts of Columbus.

December
Strange to think that in 31 days it will be 2009. December is always a time of reflection for me. I will try to hold off for a week or two at least, but I have about five end of the year blogging me-me's to do, that I always find quite amusing.

-------------------------

I think that its clear that the first half of the year shows why I moved my blog, I was hardly every posting, and constantly apologizing for it. I needed a blogging change, and although I brought some of my audience with me, I like my audience over here much better.

Its weird to think we have only lived in this house for six monthes and that I spent so many weeks this year (maybe months would be more appropriate) being miserable and stressed about school. hmm.

No comments: