Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Farewell, Morning Show

Tomorrow morning the radio show I grew up listening to, the Morning Show with Dale Connelly and Jim Ed Poole on Minnesota Public Radio will put on its last performance. This is a very sad thing for many Minnesotan's, and I am sure very hard for anyone who did not listen to understand.

This show was one of a kind, not to be reproduced. They played music that no other radio shows play, and always entertained in a goofy, unpredictable way.

Today, on the second to last day, my father managed to get a request played. He recorded it from their online archive and sent it to me. I do not really have a way to play it here, but you can go to their site and listen to it if you want. His request was played at 7:52 this morning, so if you want to hear it you can open up the 7-8am hour and skip to 50 minutes and thirty seconds and listen to them talk about my Dad any my family both before and after a great song he requested, an old family favorite.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

WHAT?!?!?

Man, I listened to that show every morning from the first days I remember until I went to college

Anonymous said...

Jim Ed is retiring from the show. Dale is to start a new web based radio show/service on Friday. Tomorrow's last show is live from the World Theatre and can be heard live online 6-9am if you go to

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/

and click on "The current". It will also be archived for later listening. They haven't said anything about taking down the archives of the show anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!?!?!? I guess I should have taken 2 seconds on my rush out the door to listen to the soundbite dad sent! How awful! what will happen to radio in duluth? how will dad get to work in the morning without the boys? what will we do without new genetic combinations between vegetables and animals?!!?!?!!!

ahhhhhhhhh the world's in disarray!