Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thirteen on Thursday?

The morning show boys just got the entire live audience to meow like cats incessantly. Did I mention I will miss these guys?

I just joined Good Reads and strongly recommend it for anyone else out their that loves literature... granted I am going to be adding a new book every three or four months with my schedule, but it is still fun to see what other people are reading.

I should be either grading or working on my multilevel model paper. I am sure you guys are sick of me saying "here is what I SHOULD be doing". The problem is what I should be doing rarely aligns with what I WANT to be doing. Do you know what I really miss? Writing fiction. When I was growing up (think fourth grade on), I wrote fiction all the time. In high school I won a short story writing contest, and my senior project was about writing and publishing fiction. But, as I got into college I sort of left it behind to pursue "more realistic" or "more stable" things. Now I really miss it and wish I could get back to it.

That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's funny is the only time I did creative writing was in college. I guess I tried my hand at it in high school, but I didn't think I was any good. My creative writing prof didn't agree with me though. However, I haven't taken the time since I graduated to work on anything either.

Anonymous said...

After reading your many blog sites, maybe writing is where your life will lead you.....Here at GSV we have a lady of 80 plus years who writes a poem or a journal everyday...and shares some with some of us...

The gift of writing is indeed a gift...take it seriously and enjoy it..