Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Black and Blue

I can beat you up and I have the bruises to prove it.

This evening I joined several other Columbus women for a self defense course. Unfortunately, at this moment I am being reminded of why we were inspired to do this, since I am watching the local news and they are reporting the 7th victim of a serial rapist.

Tonight was an intro to Krav Maga. I learned to punch hard, kick hard, elbow hard, flip people off me, and most of all, be aggresive. It was also the best cardio work out I have had in a long time. I never knew how tiring elbowing or punching hard for a minute or two can be. I never knew how hard it could be to hold up a pad and brace it for someone else to hit. I am sore all over, and have four new bruises that I know of - two on my knuckles.

And I can kick all of your butts now.

No comments: