Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Movie Reviews

To say I am unmotivated would be a gross understatement. I am beyond not motivated, I am in a down right school rut.

So, instead of working on my class work or dissertation stuff, which definitely needs more attention than it is getting, I am going to review movies for you.

Traitor, starring Don Cheadle, was our choice at the dollar theater Friday night. It is a political thriller. It is very hard to write a review for because its hard not to give the plot away. Besides some major plot holes, it was quite good. I really enjoyed how it portrayed both sides of the "war on terror". I am not sure I would watch it again, but it certainly was worth seeing the first time. I wish I could say more... but I don't want to spoil it for you.

Dead Again, from 1991, was the movie we watched with friends Saturday night. It came highly recommended by our good friend T. It is about a women who is found trying to sneak into a nunnery in the middle of the night and she can't remember who she is. It is about past lives and hypnosis and karma. Although it is quite strange, I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it. It made me wonder what my past lives may have been... I think the last one was probably a rebel in communist Russia... Anyways, it is worth seeing. Two thumbs up (one on each hand).

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Thanks for the reviews, I've wanted to see Traitor and the other one sounds very interesting. I'm totally with you on the school thing, which is why I'm commenting on your blog instead of writing my paper I have to finish today! Ah the joys of burnout!