Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween Capers!

I had a great October and Halloween. We had about 50 trick-or-treaters come to our house, which was very exciting. It was really the first time we handed out candy. (We used to have Trick-or-Treat night in the dorms but I don't think that counts). Anyways, when trick-or-treaters came to our houses here is what they saw:

Pumpkin 1: The Skull

Pumpkin 2: The Castle

The Front of Our House


Detail of the Lanterns

Detail of the sidewalk lights
So, where did I get those beautiful pumpkins? I drew and carved both designs. The pumpkins themselves came from a real live pumpkin patch! Thats right, for the first time ever, I actually went to a pumpkin patch!! My friend, Sarah, and I took a nice Sunday morning and picked our own pumpkns. The picture I took of me that day just reminded me how much weight I should be trying to lose... so I will just post this one picture of Sarah, gazing longingly at her pumpkin! After all of that debate, I ended up going to the party dressed as Bristol Palin! There are some much better pictures that capture the costume on someone elses costume. Since DH did not want to be Levi, our good friend Tracy played him. We also had a Sarah Palin and Todd Palin at the party. I will post those "family" pictures when I get my hands on them! Until then you are left with this one. The facial expression is intentional... the pregnancy belly is being hidden by "Trig", which is the point of the costume but is also unfortunate since the fake belly was pretty great. Oh, and Trig, played by my childhood doll Stephania, fooled at least a couple of people! (They thought I was carrying around a real baby!)
Meanwhile, Aaron was a beer bottle. It was actually a great joke, since he was the designated driver and I was pretending to be pregnant and drinking... nice irony!



No comments: