Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Reverse SAD

SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder- is a very real problem wherein people do not get exposure to the sun enough in winter month and this biologically causes depression, loss of energy, etc. You can read more about it here. It would suck to get depressed every winter just because it was winter.

That said, and not trying to make light of the issue, I think I have reverse SAD. Instead of getting blue or depressed in the winter, a sleety, rainy, snowy, chilly, blustery gray November day makes me feel alive. Very alive. Its an instant way to cheer my spirits if I have been sitting inside all day being unmotivated or depressed.

I am going to go try this cure right now instead of making a fourth blog post in a half hour.

(The second blog post was on my other blog, Quizzes for the Well Informed, shameless ad here).

4 comments:

Wandering Explorer said...

It's a Duluthian thing. I'm the exact same way.

It must just remind us of summer.

Simi said...

so then how do explain the unmotivated ness? hehe

Manday said...

The unmotivatedness is very much school related... very clearly. lol

When I walked outside on Sunday and it was sleeting and raining and cold, I suddenly was in a really good mood. LOL

Simi said...

lol FINE.
I am unmotivated on all counts :(

also your quiz blog doesn't work for me.. something about SQL :(
it's not your problem, and i'm sure it's my POS comp... but i'm a lil sad about it.