Friday, November 21, 2008

Why do I overschedule my weekends?

I actually managed to wait until Friday to post my Geography Quiz! Go and take it at Quizzes for the Well-Informed

I had my first presentation in dissertation workshop yesterday. Its not a formal thing, we just turn in whatever we have, whatever we are working on for people to read and comment on. It went very well. I got lots of fresh perspectives from it and my adviser thinks I may be on to something.

When you tell people you are going to take 4 years to write a dissertation, they look at you like you are crazy, especially if they do not have much academic experience, but I see more and more how four years is actually entirely reasonable. I have been working on the dissertation now for just over two months, and what I have is a topic that might work, and I am the fortunate one. Some people don't have a topic that might work yet. And note, that is a topic, not a specific question about that topic.

Anyways, life is chugging along. I really feel like I need a day to regather, and that is just not coming anytime soon! My weekend is packed (which is my fault). For some reason I have issues taking down time even when I need it. I prefer to be throwing Rock Band parties and going to football games, despite that fact that will perpetuate the chaos and stress in my life. Maybe the Friday after Thanksgiving I will take the time I need to regroup - organize, plan, run errands, sleep, etc. But then again, I have a lot of studying that needs to happen in those three days. We will see.

1 comment:

Sarah Dee said...

The only way to keep life interesting is to over schedule. :) At least that's what I try to tell myself.
Hope you can take a breather later this week.