Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I've been Tagged...again!

Apparently people like me! And I am only too happy to oblige when it means I get to post random facts about myself. Tbonegrl at http://taderbaby.blogspot.com/ tagged me.

This means I should list seven random things about myself. In honor of tbonegrl, I am going to make them all about music!!

(1) I started playing violin when I was in Kindergarten because my Grandpa had a violin he wanted to leave to a grand child and I was the only one who was interested.

(2) I consider said violin, made in 1928 in Ohio, my most valued material possession, and wish I had more time and energy to use it.

(3) In 5th grade I started learning Baritone, and then in 7th grade switched to Tuba. Unfortunately I did not have the stick to it/devotion to keep up two instruments, so that didn't last long. I am pretty sure the only reason I even got into it was because my sister played the trombone, and I constantly tried to be like her... but not identical. LOL.

(4) I can sound out pretty much any melody you want, no matter how complex, on either piano or violin

(5) I have a secret desire to learn to play the harp, but the start up cost is so high it probably will never happen.

(6) In high school my orchestra played string versions of "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" and "Crazy Train". It was really fun.

(7) When I was little, I sang everewhere we went. All the time. Ask my sister, I drove her nuts. Shopping, waiting for school, I just made up songs.


I am not going to tag anyone... I already tagged people last time and don't know who else to tag! But, if you haven't been tagged and want to, go ahead and let me know!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hehe. I remember Crazy Train. That was fun.

Any time I get to plug in my pickup and play with a fog machine going off in the background is awesome, I say.

Anonymous said...

your secret's now out...

how do i get mentioned twice in a post about seven things about you? next post is going to be "how my sister influenced what I did as a kid..."

lol I always thought you wanted to play tuba/baritone because it was weird and dad did... and because you looked ADORABLE holding the tuba that was about 5times bigger than you!