Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sleepy DH

When DH goes to bed early I end up with lots to stay and no one to say it to. You see, our nightly routine is to hang out, watch TV, study, sometimes together, sometimes separately. Even when we are hanging out in different rooms, whenever I think of something, hear a news story, etc, I run to wherever he is and tell him and we chat about it. But sometimes, like tonight, I have a million things to tell him and I run to do it, and then he is asleep and I have no one to tell. And then I just want to chat and chat and chat and there is no one to chat with!

So... consider the rest of this post the random things I was planning to tell him.
(1) My fantasy football team is already rocking it! The game tonight was Browns vs Broncos. I had Eddie Royal of the Broncos, along with the Broncos kicker. Two players, one of them being my kicker, and I already have 32 points. That is REALLY good for those of you who don't FF it up! Too bad the Browns had to go and lose it. They were about to pull a win out, but couldn't quite hold onto it. I am not very attached to the Browns... but I still would like to see them win.

(2) Watching the local news is bad for a sense of safety or pride. Top stories? A man got shot in the middle of the street in East Columbus. It was gang related. The scene was so dangerous the newsman was desperate to get out of there. Second story? A man who is burning down houses to hide his murder (and possibly rape) victims bodies a county or two away. Third story? Serial rapist in Hilliard. Wonderful. That last story has inspired me to join a group of other Columbus women in a self defense course next Tuesday. Can't hurt, right? I grew up in a rural area near a small city with a low crime rate... this is a big change.

(3) Boondock Saints has a Blu-Ray release date! The first five Harry Potters are also being released together on Blu Ray soon! I am psyched!

(4) Should I have people over tomorrow night? It would only be two or three people, but it might be fun. I am undecided. Quite night in or social quite night in?

(5) I got a compliment for being really nice to a friends new girlfried on election night. She is conservative and felt a bit out of place. I am glad I could make her feel welcome! I am trying to decide whether to admit my uncharacteristic social outgoingness was ouzo related... hmm...

(6) My class schedule is horrible tomorrow. I have technically been registered for overlapping classes all quarter, but this is the first time that the second one actually decided to use that particular time slot... now I will miss part of it tomorrow and have no time for lunch.

That is all.

No comments: