Saturday, November 8, 2008

I love my animals...

I started the day off by washing all the pets. Grim stank badly, Gandalf was starting down that stinky road, and while I was at it, I three Nox in their too. I am either extremely lucky or extremely talented, as bathing all of these animals is quite easy. I have never been scratched or bit or hurt or had one of them run through the house soaking wet, or any other sort of disaster, so that's nice.

After washing three animals,the bathroom is a complete disaster. OK. In reality, after washing Grim, the bathroom is a complete disaster. As in, I have to wipe down the walls because there is dog hair EVERYWHERE. Once I finished with that, I bathed myself (as I was also covered in animal hair), and headed out on some errands.

See, we are getting a new cat! Hopefully tomorrow, though that has yet to be arranged. He is orange. My cousin, who is very into animal rescue, accidentally caught him in a live trap and he is a complete sweety. We have yet to come up with a name for him. DH has been vetoing pretty much everything I think up, and especially anything even tangentially related to Harry Potter (which is admittedly the majority of what I think up). It is unfortunate, as I think "Weasley" would be the perfect name for him with his orange hair. Meanwhile, DH wants to name him "Skippy" from the movie Boondock Saints. If any of you have seen the movie, you know why this is a horrible name... lets just say that in the movie Skippy meets an unpleasant end. If you have any ideas for a name for an orange cat, certainly suggest them. We have been trying for a week. Anyways, because we are getting a third cat, we need a second litter box, a new collar for him, etc, so I went out on errands. When I got back, instead of studying I promptly fell asleep on the couch with my clean puppy for two hours, and bu the time I woke up it was practically evening and we had people coming over to watch a movie.

Movie reviews are in order then... but perhaps another time, since I think this post, with its ridiculous concentration on my animals, is perfect just the way it is.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Man, I wish I had a dog.

Thanks for checking out my blog =). I'll try to keep checking in.