Monday, November 24, 2008

Busy Bee

The weekend flew by, just like I expected it to. That's what happens when you don't leave a spare moment to breathe.

Friday night we hosted a rock band party. It was tons of fun and completely hit the spot. We even got a few people to play that were originally reluctant. People can claim they don't want to play rock band, that they will not like it or they will embarrass themselves, but if you can get someone to play it, they will realize how great it is!! One of the people that was originally reluctant even started asking me about prices and such.

Saturday we got up early and headed off to hang out with some friends before walking over to the game. If you are in Ohio, you would have to be under a rock to not realize I am referring to the OSU-Michigan football game. It was pretty cold, my toes especially did not appreciate it, but the game was so fun. The crowd was revved up and weird play after big play after weird play kept the intensity high, even after the score made it clear we would be winning. To give you a few examples, on the first drive of the game OSU threw an interception that was returned to the 10 yard line or so. OSU then proceeded to give Michigan negative yardage for three plays running, and then Michigan missed the easy field goal. OSU had something like six plays for 40 yards or more. We recovered our own punt. We ran big, we threw big, it was a blast.

We were invited to go out to a German resteraunt on Saturday night but passed it up in favor of a quite night at home, I got a little studying done, though not nearly enough.

Sunday morning I got up early to meet some friends and head down to the Jeffersonville Outlet center for some christmas and clothes shopping. Since I start teaching next quarter, I am actually going to need to start dressing appropriately. I would consider the trip a success, even though I only got one piece of clothing I got a jump start to my Christmas shopping, and after 8 years with a really cheap cloth wallet from Deb (or some similarly teenage-esque store), I now am the proud owner of a leather wallet from my favorite purse brand - Fossil. It is even orange, and it was cheap cheap cheap.

When I got back to Columbus it was a twenty minute stop at home before heading out again, this time up to my Grandma's house. My cousin that lives in Seattle is in town, and I also got to see another cousin and his kids who live around here but don't head to Grandma's much. It was fun, but complete chaos. Hopefully I can see my cousin from Seattle again before he leaves, in a situation where there is not complete chaos so we can actually catch up.

Oh! And in all this running around, I did manage to see atleast a big of the MLS championship game, which was won 3-1 by the Columbus Crew! Go Crew!

I have to go now and start all the work I should have been doing this weekend and failed to do. I know there are other little things to say, but alas.

Until later...

No comments: